Monday, May 14, 2012

Adventures on Greenwich: Day 1

Day 1:  I am going to try (key word being try) to blog everyday while here in  
Greenwich Connecticut.  This is going to be an adventure in our lives and I want to remember every moment of it!  We got here late last night (after my 4 hour red eye flight, and 3 hours in the car) and it is just as small as Jeff said it was.  Here are a few pictures to help you understand what we mean when we say "studio apartment".




View from the front door to the left.  There is not much storage, that is why it looks messy.  That is going to drive me nuts.  Oh, and the TV is there just for looks.  It is not connected to anything!  Oh and the bed is in the corner.  It's a full, which is pretty small for Jeff and I.  But we survived our first night there!



 View from the front door straight ahead (kitchen and bathroom).  As you can see, there is no oven.  The white door under the stove/sink is our fridge!  It's tiny! Hopefully that will aide in our weight-loss goals :) 


 Front door... yep, it's that small, but at least it is cute!
View from the front door (at least it is gorgeous out the windows!)

The apartment is attached to the facility managers house, and they asked us over for dinner tonight, so that should be fun.  For those of you who don't know, Jeff is doing an internship here as a facility manager at Greenwich Academy, an all girls private school.  A few things to put into perspective how rich this neighborhood is: the preschool tuition for the school is about $30,000 a year, and Kathy Lee Gifford's daughters go to school here.  As soon as we go on our first bike ride around the neighborhood, I will post pictures of the homes.  They are huge and gorgeous!   

We have no car, and a tiny fridge, it's going to be an adventure!

3 comments:

  1. So... I've meant to call and go out with you for like three months now. Seriously, I think about it all the time...and now you're gone. But I'm so excited for you guys - that's a great opportunity for Jeff and SO PRETTY. I wish we had had a few more "single couple" adventures like that. Have fun and call me when you get back - I'd love to help get your classroom ready, Mrs. Averyt the teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! What a neat experience- I am sure you'll have some great memories there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my HECK! An adventure for sure! You'll have stories from here for forever! I hope you DO post each day. I want to read them :)

    ReplyDelete