Friday, September 16, 2011

Dress Pants

Jeff and I have had this discussion a couple of times and I want to know what people think. He says that woman back east wear slacks to church. I have never seen that and I don't think it is appropriate. He is trying to argue that some people think they are doing their best when they wear slacks. I disagree. I was always taught to wear a dress because that is how I show respect for the Lord. I found this talk by Sister Allred that said "The way you dress shows your understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ." (It is a talk about modesty.)

What do you think? Is it ok to wear slacks as an established member of the church? Not just for investigators?

1 comment:

  1. Well... I think that if you know better than you wouldn't wear them...if you don't know better or weren't taught that way than..you probably would wear them..and in that case you wouldn't fell weird or anything because you don't know any different. I think we just have to remember that we all interpret things differently so what we may think is wrong others might think is okay.,,,so my opinion is...that NO, i wouldnt wear slacks..but to each there own..i wouldnt judge anyone that did..and someone that believes the gospel wouldnt care either!!

    ReplyDelete